- Club Children’s Officer; Rob Meehan, 086 842 7893 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designated Liaison person ; Pete Kelly, 086 853 1052; Pete.email@example.com
- Deputy Liaison Person; Pat Lawless; 086 850 1137, firstname.lastname@example.org
The roles and responsibilities of the above are explained in the FAI Child Welfare Safeguarding Policy
Child Safeguarding Statement
Salthill Devon FC provides various sporting activities and opportunities for young people through participation in clubs, regional/provincial events and through our national teams.
Salthill Devon FC is committed to safeguarding children and by working under the guidance of our FAI Safeguarding Policies our staff, both volunteers and employed, working with our young people, throughout the organisation, seek to create a safe environment for young people to grow and develop.
This Club’s Salthill Devon FC written Risk Assessment document indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and gives the required policy, guidance or process documents require to alleviate these risks. The list of risks identified are contained in the following categories: Club and Coaching Practices; Complaints & Discipline; Reporting Procedures; Use of Facilities; Recruitment; Communications; and General Risk of Harm.
The Risk Assessment was undertaken on February 1st 2020
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, (the Children First: National Guidance and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice). In addition to our Risk Assessment document described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our activities.
Salthill Devon FC has the following procedures in place as part of our Safeguarding Policies:
- Procedures for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct by staff or volunteers against a child availing of our activities
- Procedures for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers to work with children in our activities
- Procedures for access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Procedure for reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Statutory Authorities
Mandated Person for Salthill Devon FC for the FAI is Pete Kelly
We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our Club is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our activities.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will is currently under review (periodical)
Signed: Tommy McClean (Secretary) Date 7/4/2021
Name: Pete Kelly Phone no: 0868531052
For queries on this Child Safeguarding Statement, please contact Pete Kelly (Chairman)
- Gardaí Salthill; tel:+35391514720